Monday 16 February 2009

Mmmmm mushrooms

I've been thinking about my favourite foods recently, listing, considering, adding, subtracting, juggling, testing.......although I've not quite got to my top 5 just yet I'm getting close.

But one thing that has just got to be on there is MUSHROOMS.

I love them in all their different guises. From elegant looking oysters to hearty portobellos and every stop in between, they are a (very) regular feature of my cooking.  Stews, stir fries, omelette, risotto, pasta and fry ups.

But I'd stake a lot on the two best ways being:

1. Sauteed in butter and eaten on toast (rye or sourdough for preference)
2. The thing that makes a bacon sandwich truly great (oh joy)

And here are some big fat organic field mushrooms cut into generous sized chunks being sauteed in butter - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. 

Try some yourself soon.

No comments: